Two months ago, the U.S. Surgeon General issued an advisory calling attention to the negative effects of social media on youth mental health. As Christian parents and educators, how should we be approaching these pressing issues surrounding social media, screen time, and the internet?
In this episode, hosts Remley and Faith talk about discipling children and teens who don't know life before wifi, why we need to be intentional about our use of devices, and resources for thinking critically and Christianly about technology.
- Check out all the titles we mentioned in this episode.
- Listeners can use code WTSKIDSPOD for free USPS shipping on your next order at westminsterkids.com!
- Connect with us @wtskids on Instagram.
Recommended Titles from Ep. 8
- The Tech-Wise Family: Everyday Steps for Putting Technology in Its Proper Place
- 12 Ways Your Phone Is Changing You
- Competing Spectacles: Treasuring Christ in the Media Age
- The Digital Public Square: Christian Ethics in a Technological Society
- Following Jesus in a Digital Age
- The Wolf in Their Pockets: 13 Ways the Social Internet Threatens the People You Lead
- Track: Social Media: A Student's Guide to Social Media (Track)My Tech-Wise Life: Growing Up and Making Choices in a World of Devices
- Polly and the Screen Time Overload
- Not If But When: Preparing Our Children for Worldly Images